21 June 2008

Draught shot

Well, that was a long, mostly boring, but certainly interesting night.

Anton Gustafsson apparently doesn't think his Dad could shoot, and is probably going to follow the Ovechkin-Backstrom-Alzner mold and develop for one more year before attempting to play for Washington.

John Carlsson is probably at least 3 years away, which, given the sheer amount that we have waiting in the wings for D, is probably a good thing. Alzner is coming up this year, and Godfrey should be with Hershey along with Seabrook and Lepisto. 

I understand, and am okay with, why they took Anton, but I still think I would have preferred taking Tedenby, or trading up to take him after Anton, even, as he was still on the board for two more picks. 

Players yet to be drafted whom I hope GMGM trades up to take: Nicholas Deschamps and Aaron Ness. I think they'll be gone pretty quick today.