23 June 2008

Hmm

I don't know how to feel about this draft.

Anton Gustafsson could probably have been taken later in the draft, John Carlsson is still 3 years (at least) away, and Eric Mesery (Mestery?) I know nothing about.

Mattias Tedenby was one of the top 3 Europeans in the draft, and was still on the board when Gustafsson was taken.

He was gone, however, when Carlsson was taken, but Aaron Ness, proclaimed to be a Rafalski-type, with speed and skill at the blue line, wasn't. 

I'm confused about the picks, and there isn't much information about them to sell themselves to me.

Not only that, but Gustafsson and Kurgryshev (spelling?) both have worrisome medical histories. I'm afraid we've set ourselves up for another Fehr in Gustafsson.

And is it me, or do Semin, Afinogenov, and our new Russian all look exactly the same?